1.14.2011

Chicago Fun Part One

The beginning of a new year is always slow. I find my self fighting those winter blues because there is not much to do. I've been working on my own personal logo. One that I'm actually going to stick with. I've also been getting content together to get a real website up. I'm ready to branch and market. While things have been slow I've been looking around at creative sites for inspiration, so, while I have been trying to figure out that perfect logo, I've also been messing around with some pictures and trying to stay self motivated.

Back during the first week of December, I took a spontaneous trip to Chicago with a few friends. I have always ALWAYS wanted to go and now that I've been I can honestly say that I could live there. It's not just talk of a big city anymore. I really honestly like it enough to live there. I hate the cabs, but I love the city. Unfortunately, one of my gals pals ended up sick and the other was just a bit worn out, having been in the city for a week already. So I ventured out on my own half the time and got some great photos. I got lost, frozen, and inspired!!

The Art Institute of Chicago was my absolute favorite place to visit. It was such an amazing feeling to be standing in front of the work of so many artists that I have learned of through the years. Text books and post cards, as I'm sure most already know, do not do any work of art it's proper justice. I will have some of those photos in a later post.

I haven't had a chance to go through and play around with all of my photos, but I have managed to take a few and create a little something of my own. LIke I said, I'm trying to stay motivated.





Not sure the Shedd Aquarium would approve of these, but it was fun anyway since they have a Wild Reef Exhibit with Sharks. The wall curves up over your head, giving you the illusion of being surrounded by water. The water turned dark blue as far as the eye can see. I had my eye on one shark swimming by the glass. He circled around and then disappeared into the black blue. I kept looking and then out of no where he darted right towards me from the darkness and made a quick turn right before the glass. I know I was on the other side, but my heart jumped into my throat. Maybe that is why I came up with this idea.






No comments:

Post a Comment