7.13.2011

Slack Not, Want Not.

So I swear I'm not a slacker. Well at least for the most part. So much has been going on lately that I have barely had time to blink. I have worked on some fun photos, had some busy and interesting freelance projects, launched my website (that I already want to re-design) and, got a new job. My job so far has been awesome. I love the peeps, the atmosphere, the work, and the fact that I don't lounge in pajamas and no makeup all day.

After a year of struggling, floods, car accidents, and just life being turned upside down, I finally feel like everything is falling into place. This year has taught me nothing less than the fact that life is totally not in my control. I love to feel in control. I can't walk out my front door without triple checking to make sure I've unplugged the necessary and securely locked the door. I like to feel on top of things and this past year had me feeling like a bum. I began to realize that where other people see pure luck, circumstances, or whatever non divine thing that can change a life, I didn't. I always knew that there was something out of my control, something bigger, but I always thought I could control it. That is what this hellish year was for me. I nthe end I saw that there was actually a thing called God's timing.

I looked back on how everything filtered through the cracks and tormented me and came to see that it all happened for a reason. There were lessons learned, skills added to my arsenal, confidence built, and faith strengthened. I became more appreciative of the fact that I may be able to control my surroundings, but ultimately my fate is out of my hands. I sit here in this chair and I am so grateful that God saw me, heard me and felt my pain at the time. He already knew, millions of steps before me, what was in store. Like a father who bandages up his child's scraped knees, he knew that the sting would go away, even when he saw my tears.

We all know that life throws you curve balls, but knowing what I know about my life from May 2010 to today, I feel like now, those curves will be a little easier to hit.



My newest ink addition.

No comments:

Post a Comment