8.26.2010

Sneaking up to 29

Usually around my birthday, I get a really bad itch for shopping. What girl doesn't? Every year, when that day rolls around, I wish I had a little more cash in my pocket. Pretty much the rest of the time I don't even care unless I'm swooning over some great L Series lens. But on my birthday, I always want to have this insane shopping spree. A girl can dream, especially since this birthday will be the last year of my twenties. Forever 29 right?

One of my favorite stores is Anthropologie. Everything about that store is AH-MA-ZING. They have the cutest vintage/modern looking dresses all the way to housewares. I can't get enough. Funny thing is, I have never bought a single thing from the store. Price wise, Target seems like a better fit and that's totally awesome with me, but like I said, on my birthday, a girl can dream. I gathered a few pictures from their store that I would love to strut my bodunkadunk in or have hanging out on my coffee table or counter. They are a few of my favorite things. Along with that, I got in touch with my grunge/emo side from way back when and fell in love with some fun Doc Martins. Then there are those two other things that, for now, are just wishful thinking (5D Mark II and the Kia Soul).

Getting this close to my birthday though and with all of the things that Mark and I have been through in the last four months, I realize how awesome it is to have the struggles, failures, the happy and sad, laughing and crying. I am almost 29. I have a year left before you could officially say I'm a real, honest to goodness grown up. I have been blessed to have been surrounded by good friends, loving and devoted family, a kind and generous workplace, a husband who loves unconditionally, puppy breath, good wine, good music, good feelings, good food, a warm home, rain on my skin, quirks in my smile, sand under my feet, a monkey on my shoulder and the Hand of God wrapped around it all. Thanks God, you totally rock! May this year of being 29 be the best anyone has seen!

I love you ALL!!

Now, here are some of the materialist needs of my heart on my birthday (cheese)!

This first pic shows my favorites, but the first three pics are all from Anthropologie. I'm telling you, this store rocks my socks off.



How adorable is that owl cookie jar? I would be stocking up on the mint oreos.



I really think I'm falling for the flower tights. I want this pair really bad, even if Mark does make fun of me =0)





I'm loving the black flower Docs!!



Oh Sigh . . .


Oh, Double sigh . . . Mark hates this car but it's my favoritist car ever, aside from the Mazarati I saw the other day . . . hahaha, hahah, aha, uhhuh, he ho hum, hmmmm. Yeah that will never happen. I think I broke a rib laughing.




Peace, love and beer, and pizza and hot wings and Dave Matthews. hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment